Metal Roofing Cambridge – Asbestos Garage Roof Replacement
Cambridge Roofers were asked to assess leaking double garage clad in the corrugated asbestos sheeting. Several structural timbers were rotted beyond repair and the central brickwork was unstable.
The client elected to replace the asbestos with roll-formed steel sheet with a ‘drip-stop’ lining to prevent condensation.
DESCRIPTION OF WORKS:
To supply and install new profiled galvanised coated steel roof cladding to existing
• Manufacturer: Euroclad South Wales Limited.
• Profile: 32/1000F.
• Thickness: 0.70mm.
• Colour: ‘Goosewing Grey’.
• Finish: TATA LG.
• Warranty: 20 years.
To supply and install the following bespoke flashings to complete the roof installation
and leave fully watertight:-
• Bargeboard verge flashings.
• Eave and ridge flashing and profiled fillers.
• 3 no. GRP translucent skylights.
• Anti-condensation fleece lining to underside of sheeting.
Fascias – To supply and install new black uPVC fascia boards.
• Manufacturer: Eurocell / Swish.
• Material: uPVC
• Colour: Black
• Depth: 150mm
• Profile: Classic – L-shape
• Product/Workmanship Warranty: 10 years.
To supply and install replacement timbers:
1 no. wall plate.
2 no. purlins.